WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
The personal data collected from you may include:
- your contact information, including your full name, (billing and/or delivery) addresses, email addresses and your contact numbers;
- your banking and/or credit card details for payment processing of your order(s);
- any information required to be able to process your order(s);
- any other information required to provide you with our products and/or services.
Your personal data may be collected through various means which may include but is not limited to the following:
- through our website(s);
- over the phone;
- by email;
- through documentations such as quotations, order forms, contact form, mailing list form, etc;
- when you make a purchase from us (as part of the buying and selling process);
- when you provide any feedback or complaints pertaining to our products and/or services;
- when you make an enquiry or request for information about any of our products and/or services;
- when you meet our representative(s);
- when we receive references of you from business partners and third parties;
- through any services we provide or in your interactions with us.
You warrant and represent to us that (a) personal data disclosed by you to us is accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer the personal data of another person to us, that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such personal data to us, and that such personal data is accurate and complete.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed for purposes connected or relevant to our business. Such purposes may include:
- to provide our products and/or services to you (including processing orders);
- for marketing and communicating with you in relation to our products and/or services;
- to respond to your enquiries pertaining to our products and/or services;
- to address your feedback, complaints and other issues you may encounter in relation to our products and/or services;
- to contact you for feedback after your purchase of our products;
- to provide you with a convenient shopping experience;
- to improve our products and/or services;
- for providing customer support;
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent;
- for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary, connected or relevant to our business.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
For the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to our representatives and employees, third parties, business partners, service providers, data processors, which include without limitation, the following:
- Shopify Inc. which provides us with the online e-commerce platform enabling us to sell our products and services to you;
- service providers and data processors who provide services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services (e.g. logistics and courier services companies), handling of payment transactions (e.g. banks, credit card companies, payment vendors), marketing etc;
- third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements (note that this includes disclosures of your personal data to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities).
During your interactions with us (e.g. feedback, comments, complaints, queries), we may also use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you.
We do not sell your personal data to any third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We will take precautions to ensure that the personal data you have provided to us is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. Only authorized personnel of Organic & Organic LLP will have access to your personal data. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
Furthermore, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is fully secured. Therefore, we also cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
We gather information on our website activity, such as data on the number of visitors, the pages they visit, the duration of their stay, etc. Cookies are small bits of data automatically stored in the hard drive of the end user and are commonly used to track preferences in relation to the subject of such website. If you enable these cookies, then your web browser adds the text in a small file. You may wish to set your web browser to notify you of a cookie placement request or refuse to accept cookies by modifying relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate certain available functions on our website.
By accessing and using our website and services, you consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us or our representatives or agents.
In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with our products and/or services. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you withdraw your consent to our collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested for.
For more information about the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, please visit http://www.pdpc.gov.sg